toliet

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing toliet

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

How do you unclogge a toliet

Participant

The use of a snake is the most common way to un-clog a toilet. But you can also use a plunger, draino, a pressurized ball attached to a garden hose, or you can call a certified plumber and have a cold beer while he is doing it for you. Happy Holidays

Participant

I believe most clogged toilets have a red toothbrush lodged in the integral trap of the water closet itself. If you are going to try and fix this yourself I would first try using a closet auger, you can rent them for a few bucks. Be careful not to scratch the inside of the water closet. They have neat little rubber mats to protect the china. If this doesn’t work for you I would remove the toilet and if you still can’t find anything in the integral trap of the toilet I would then try a snake on the fixture drain. Probably should get a plumber if you can’t fix it with the closet auger. Never use a snake through the water closet itself, and please never use draino or the like. Keep in mind that I am just a lowly apprentice and don’t do much service work…
            So my advice may not be the best, just personnal opinion If it is a red toothbrush please let me know as that will prove I actually am a guru..LMAO

Frank Hiebert
            3rd yr apprentice
            Edmonton, Alberta

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This