Baseboard heat registers not heating

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Baseboard heat registers not heating

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I have a boiler/baseboard heating system and I recently had a new register installed in my bathroom. After the plumber hooked up the new register to the main system, it took several days for the heat to come back on in the rest of my house. He explained that that was because air got into the lines, which needed to be bled. He gave me a key and showed me how to bleed out the air. The heat came on for a day but then quit in the bedroom and bathroom. I have been bleeding and bleeding without success. What could be the problem?

Participant

Have the plumber return to give you further instruction on how to bleed your particular system. He is right about it taking a while to remove the air after opening the system. He would want to check the system pressure to make sure there is enough at the high points to push air out the vents. If you open the bleed ports and water comes out, air is trapped elsewhere and needs to be driven from the system.

Participant

Harold, the plumber won’t come back. I called him to tell him about the problem and he snapped at me, saying “I don’t know what else you want me to do. You’re going to have to call a boiler company to find out if there’s something wrong with your pump.” I don’t want to have contact with this man anymore, as this is not the first time he’s spoken harshly to me. He made it clear that he is done handling my job. By the way, this plumber was not hired through a company, although he works for one. He is someone my brother-in-law hooked me up with, who was acting on his own, so there’s no one he has to answer to.

Participant

Carol next time call a Licensed master plumber as the license protects YOU not the plumber.

You also do have a recourse
              1- contact your brother in law and tell him Make it right

2-Have a lawyer (friend) let this “plumber” know he was the last one to touch this system and you had heat NOW you don’t.

Either refund your money or FIX IT RIGHT

Participant

I just wanted to respond to tell you Sylvan is right (about what to do and hot water heat.) Find a competent heating plumber in your area by asking neighbors. The one you had just didn’t know enough (about heating and customer relations.)

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This