Tired of plunging

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Tired of plunging

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Since I am not a plumber, mayber I dont belong here asking this question, but wandering through the Internet takes you all sorts of places.I need to replace a commode (maybe two, before its over with). Im tall, so I am considering a handicapped style. Any comments, pro or con?Now, to the more important question. What brand? I was considering the Mansfield Elderly 137-160, which was given a good rating in the May 1999 Consumer Reports, but after seeing some negative stuff on the Internet about the Mansfield Alto, Im not so sure.What would be my best buy for the money for a replacement commode, handicapped style? I dont think I need the $750 installed American Standard pressur-assist commode that the warranty folks recommended. (AND, this was supposed to be a cut from the $900 regular price!)What about a Gerber 21-718 (Aqua Saver, elongated bowl, handicapped style)? I can get a good price on this through an acquaintance, but nothing is a good price if its a piece of crap (pun intended)Needing advice in Atlanta!!!

Participant

: I need to replace a commode (maybe two, before its over with). Im tall, so I am considering a handicapped style. Any comments, pro or con?: Now, to the more important question. What brand? I was considering the Mansfield Elderly 137-160, which was given a good rating in the May 1999 Consumer Reports, but after seeing some negative stuff on the Internet about the Mansfield Alto, Im not so sure.: What about a Gerber 21-718 (Aqua Saver, elongated bowl, handicapped style)? I can get a good price on this through an acquaintance, but nothing is a good price if its a piece of crap (pun intended): Needing advice in Atlanta!!!Alanta, Toto has a plant in Georgia that makes a good ADA handicap toilet called the Drake CST744SL. The Gerber 21-712 should work fine. also. If you can get a Western 872 handicap toilet, you would have the version that the Gerber is modeled on. All handicap toilets work better than the standard height toilets, and have the added comfort of the elongated bowl. Why did toilets ever come in round bowl? Regards, Terry

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This