JETTERS VERSES CABLES

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives JETTERS VERSES CABLES

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I am a plumber who is looking at either buying a cable drain machine or a jetter but I would like to hear from someone who has used both machines. Can a jetter work as effectively as a cable machine? Any reply would be appresciated thankyou

Participant

They are really two different animals, until you get into the high powered trailer mounted units. The jetter is great for sludge filled pipes and the cable is best for root clogs. If you have a high powered unit that will drive an effective root saw, then the jetter unit will work for both. The disadvantage of the jetter is in the cost. The per job cost will discourage the average home owner from contracting with a jetter, since the cable user will be much less costly.: I am a plumber who is looking at either buying a cable drain machine or a jetter but I would like to hear from someone who has used both machines. : Can a jetter work as effectively as a cable machine? : Any reply would be appresciated : thankyou

Participant

: They are really two different animals, until you get into the high powered trailer mounted units. The jetter is great for sludge filled pipes and the cable is best for root clogs. If you have a high powered unit that will drive an effective root saw, then the jetter unit will work for both. : The disadvantage of the jetter is in the cost. The per job cost will discourage the average home owner from contracting with a jetter, since the cable user will be much less costly.: : I am a plumber who is looking at either buying a cable drain machine or a jetter but I would like to hear from someone who has used both machines. : : Can a jetter work as effectively as a cable machine? : : Any reply would be appresciated : : thankyouas hj said they are different. i use both, but i always use the cable first then if it seems like sluge ill use the jetter. take a look at the marco combined machine.

Participant

: I am a plumber who is looking at either buying a cable drain machine or a jetter but I would like to hear from someone who has used both machines. : Can a jetter work as effectively as a cable machine? : Any reply would be appresciated : thankyou

Participant

Gary: Its just not that simple, there are many variables to consider. The 2 applications are entirely different and seldom interchangeable. 99% of all stoppages are cleared with cables. A jetter is absolutely not needed by someone who who does not know the difference. If you have to ask you dont need one and most likely cant afford one.I ran my drain company for 10+ years before I felt we needed a jetter, we were doing approx 175 jobs per week at that time. We do over 250 jobs per week now and only use our jetter on about 15 of them!There are jetters and there are jetters. A real jetter (Harben, Meyers, Sereco) costs approx $30,000 and is well worth the cost. The market is flooded with toy-jets or mini-jets which cost $1500 to $5000. Altho these mini-jets occassionaly serve a useful purpose they lack the power to back up your cable when really needed. Unfortunately, most plumbers & drain cleaners who have these small machines misrepresent them to the public (and charge the same or more) as being a jetter. Sure we have a jetter and the public is none the wiser because, after all, who the hell knows what a jetter is anyway?A jetter is only needed for large pipe (6 or larger), long distances (100 to 500), extremely greasey, built-up lines (restaurants, apt bldgs, shopping centers, etc) and the occasional bad root stoppage. A jetter does a superior job to cable on almost all jobs including root stoppages but is simply not practical to use on all jobs & in fact, cannot be used to clear all the different types of stoppages you will encounter on an average day.If you need any more cable/jetter info e-mail me and Id be glad to help. If you are serious about drain cleaning and would like learn how to start a drain cleaning business and make big $$$$ get in touch & lets talk. Lane…Pacific Drain : I am a plumber who is looking at either buying a cable drain machine or a jetter but I would like to hear from someone who has used both machines. : : Can a jetter work as effectively as a cable machine? : : Any reply would be appresciated : : thankyou

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This