Whirlpool Tub Installation

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Whirlpool Tub Installation

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

This is my first whirlpool tub installation and I am puzzled by the fact that the pump is simply plugged in to a GFCI outlet that will be hidden from sight. Is this correct? I am guessing that there needs to be access to the outlet.

Participant

I dont know about just plugging into an outlet, ours are usually hard-wired to a box that is wired to a GFI and a wall timer and located just inside the access we leave for the pump motor…..Lou

Participant

That is correct, but you also have to have access to the pump itself for service purposes. I try to put the GFCI outside, an not accessible from, the tub, and then a slave outlet at the pump. This allows resetting and testing without going outside or opening a door.: This is my first whirlpool tub installation and I am puzzled by the fact that the pump is simply plugged in to a GFCI outlet that will be hidden from sight. Is this correct? I am guessing that there needs to be access to the outlet.

Participant

: I dont know about just plugging into an outlet, ours are usually hard-wired to a box that is wired to a GFI and a wall timer and located just inside the access we leave for the pump motor…..LouThe tub I have is the American Standard Renaissance model and it comes with a on/off button already built in, so I dont think that I can wire in a timer without voiding the pump warranty.

Participant

If you have the air switch for on-off control you wouldnt need the timer. I myself prefer the air switch to the timer as you dont have to leave the tub to turn it on and off…..Lou

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This