Replacing Old Caulk

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Replacing Old Caulk

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

What is the best way to remove old caulking from around a tub?

Participant

: What is the best way to remove old caulking from around a tub?I guess you mean rubber type caulk and not tile joint. scrap it off with razor, rake it out of seam with screwdriver blade. be careful not to mark tub surface. clean area with acetone. the mistake i see all the time is not cleaning surface before applying new caulk and the new caulk doesnt really bond and soon comes loose.

Participant

: : What is the best way to remove old caulking from around a tub?: I guess you mean rubber type caulk and not tile : joint. : scrap it off with razor, rake it out of seam with : screwdriver blade. be careful not to mark tub surface. : clean area with acetone. the mistake i see all the : time is not cleaning surface before applying new : caulk and the new caulk doesnt really bond and soon : comes loose.a trick I also like to use is to fill the bathub with water and let stand for several hours if possible-this permits any settling of tub no matter how minute and the caulk will fill gaps better.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This