closet flange

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing closet flange

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • #274055

      How do I remove my old (broken) cast iron (4″ pipe) closet flange? It is in concrete in basement floor.

    • #289062

      What is going on over there?
      Are you removing it for good? Is it broken and will not handle a closet bolt? If the latter is the case you should first try a closet repair flange, a neat piece of metal in two halves that will slide under the existing closet flange so that you can get your bolts to stay tight.
      Good Luck,
      The Local Plumber
      Tustin, California

    • #289063

      OK. Thanks. I was kinda looking for the flange repair thing you described, but the local hardware store didn’t have one. I will visit a plumbing shop to see what they have. Yes, the old flange is all corroded and the bolt slots are gone. I got a plastic repair flange that goes inside the soil pipe, but it sits too high with the old flange still in place. I do have an angle grinder and was considering cutting off the pipe and flange flush with the floor. What do you think? It almost seems like the original flange has a collar on it and that concrete was poured around it when the floor was poured. Did they do it that way 30 years ago? Thanks. It’s COLD up here in Minnesota today.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This