3 year old septic system failed $6000 lost

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives 3 year old septic system failed $6000 lost

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

hello;I had a $6000 septic system installed almost 3 years ago. I notice a wet spot this past winter. I have always had problems with the toilet flushing and odors coming into the washing room area from almost day 1. It disappeared one day and havent worried about it since this past winter, with this wet spot. Anyway the installer, state plumbing inspector and the guy who drew up the plans with the infiltrator person dug up several areas. I was told that even though the installer used fine sand, insteaad of the course gravely sand it called for, that this was not my problem??? I had greasy white film all though my infiltrators and this was the problem, at my cost!! I just spent $6000.00 not even 3 years ago on this. They say that I need to pump out the tank, as it is full. They discovered a very very slow drop coming into the tank, maybe from the toilet? This never allowed the system to dry out and relieve itself. I must find the leak and fix it. I am so overwelmed with this whole thing. Does anyone have any advised on what to do. My water usage is 233 gallons average, the system design is for 270 gallons per day. Please help…

Participant

I need you to answer a few quetions….I may be able to help.. 1. Do you have a water softener 2. Are you using any sort of bacterial booster?As for the leak….While it is possible that the leak could have caused a failure, this is not problible. oh yes. 3. Can you tell me What is routed to the septic tank….ie. Laundry, sump pumps, water treatment systems.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This