fine line between hot and cold water

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing fine line between hot and cold water

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keymaster

I have a single-lever faucet installed in my kitchen. I find it very difficult to obtain warm water from it; if cold water is coming out and I push the lever slightly to the left, I end up with hot water. I’m not sure if it is a faucet problem since I noticed the same issue with the previously installed faucet.

Participant

Justin,
          I saw this post yesterday and went by it because you mentioned that the problem was noticeable before you changed to a new faucet. It seems as if you are getting booted from this page and you have a legite problem going on here so I will give it a shot and shoot you to the top of the page again.

Check it by turning off the water service valve under the sink, removing the hot flex line from the water service stop. Run water into a bucket until it gets hot. Does it stay hot? Is it real hot? If yes then your problem most likely is in your faucet. If it does not get hot than the source of the problem is before the faucet. Maybe cold water mixing at the shower or a water heater that is not working properly.
          If this is the only faucet that does not get hot, it could be that the shower valve is mixing cold water into the hot before it gets to the kitchen faucet, making the kitchen faucet luke warm at best. If this is the case, service the shower valve with a new cartridge.
          Good Luck,
          Bill
          The Local Plumber
          Tustin, California http://www.TheLocalPlumber.com

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This