Septic Tank Problem

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Septic Tank Problem

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Last month I had the septic tank pumped due to a backup in the house – also wet spot in the leech field – about two weeks after the pumping the septic tank began leaking from the lid and the leech field is dry – The company that pumped the tank said there was a great about of grease in the tank and said we may habe problems with the lines – the tank is approximately 8 years old, 1500-2000 gal, with washer and dishwasher connected – any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Participant

: Last month I had the septic tank pumped due to a backup in the house – also wet spot in the leech field – about two weeks after the pumping the septic tank began leaking from the lid and the leech field is dry – The company that pumped the tank said there was a great about of grease in the tank and said we may habe problems with the lines – the tank is approximately 8 years old, 1500-2000 gal, with washer and dishwasher connected – any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.It sounds to me like the field lines need to be dug up and reworked. Once grease hits these lines it plugges the surrounding gravel bed and soil. You have to remember the tank is only pumped to remove solids and suspended solids. The tank is only a settleing reservoir. Theoretically one drop of water go in–one drop of cleaner water goes out into field.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This