ABS Pipes

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I am considering purchasing a 13 yr old home with abs pipes (inspection confirmed they are type that may be defective) according to inspection, no signs of leaks exist, homeowner reports no problems. anyone have any idea what probability is that I might regret buying this home?? should I even consider buying it at this point?Thanks, Brian

To Brian: Abs pipe is long lasting as long as it stays out of the sun. It is a Butyl Styrene. Try to turn your supply valves off and on to all your fixtures. In the U.S. alot is inspected. ABS is okay, but look at the finish plumbing toilets rocking, calcium at the aerators, Quality of the fixtures, and water pressure. Mark Tiernan

: To Brian: Abs pipe is long lasting as long as it stays out of the sun. It is a Butyl Styrene. : Try to turn your supply valves off and on to all your fixtures. : In the U.S. alot is inspected. ABS is okay, but look at the finish plumbing toilets rocking, calcium at the aerators, : Quality of the fixtures, and water pressure. : : Mark TiernanYou may want to look at the ongoing settlement at http://www.abspipes.com before you make your next move.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This