Removing a bathtub

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Removing a bathtub

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I am seeking info from someone who
        can help me with the removal of a bathtub. I am handy, but have never tackled ths project. My rental property has two 4-pc baths, the master ensuite has moldy drywall and I was going to rip-off the tile and board and replace with new waterproof board and tile. I thought since I am there I may as well rip-out the tub and make a nice shower. What I need is help on
        how to remove the tub. Also the property is a condominium. The suite is located on 5th floor.
        Thanx in advance

Participant

Easiest way to remove an old cast Iron tub is bust it up with a sledge hammer BECAREFUL for flying metal and enamel chips, Wear eye protection and long sleeve shirt

Participant

I can roll a tub out of its recess and hand truck it away almost as fast as breaking it up and there is not injury hazard. Of course some plumbers like to do it the hard, hazardous, noisy way. Oh, and it only takes one person to do it.

Participant

quote:

Originally posted by fourth year:
              I can roll a tub out of its recess and hand truck it away almost as fast as breaking it up and there is not injury hazard. Of course some plumbers like to do it the hard, hazardous, noisy way. Oh, and it only takes one person to do it.

Sounds like 4th year needs a fifth year before he unnecessarily throws out his back. How did this guy get so smart?
              Bill
              The Local Plumber
              Tustin, California http://www.TheLocalPlumber.com

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This