No-A/C Water Heater wanted

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives No-A/C Water Heater wanted

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Id like to build a shower for a large camping group. We wont have A/C power available. The propane 40-gal and infinite supply type heaters Ive seen all require house current for ignition and/or thermostat control.Can I retrofit a thermopile onto an existing thermostat? I cant even seem to find 12V or 24V thermostats… :

Participant

Check out A.O.Smith, Rheem, State, GSW, or John Wood, water heaters, they make a natural/propane water heater with a combination gas valve that doesnt need A/C power to regulate the temperature. White Rodgers and Honeywell both make 24 volt thermostats, but if you convert to thermopile you will need a millivolt thermostat, they make them also…Lou

Participant

: Id like to build a shower for a large camping group. We wont have A/C power available. The propane 40-gal and infinite supply type heaters Ive seen all require house current for ignition and/or thermostat control.: Can I retrofit a thermopile onto an existing thermostat? I cant even seem to find 12V or 24V thermostats… :joe get tech support from http://www.rheem.com they have 1-8oo#

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This