Pipe Leak

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I recently had to replace the gray plastic underground water supply pipe running from the water meter to under my house. The pipe had begun to leak and I had water running to the surface. My plumber told me that because the pipe was brittle and that there was not a good type of connector for a fix (if the exact location of the leak could be easily found since it ran under my driveway) that it was wiser to replace the entire pipe. Several of my neighbors have had similar problems with this gray plastic water supply piping requiring replacement. The houses are 13-15 years old. My plumber also said that he had heard of a class-action suit against pipe manufacturers for this defective pipe. Do you know of any such suit and how I would join it ? This repair cost me nearly $1,000.

Participant

: I recently had to replace the gray plastic underground water supply pipe : running from the water meter to under my house. The pipe had begun to leak and I : had water running to the surface. My plumber told me that because the pipe was : brittle and that there was not a good type of connector for a fix (if the exact : location of the leak could be easily found since it ran under my driveway) that it : was wiser to replace the entire pipe. Several of my neighbors have had similar : problems with this gray plastic water supply piping requiring replacement. The : houses are 13-15 years old. My plumber also said that he had heard of a : class-action suit against pipe manufacturers for this defective pipe. Do you know : of any such suit and how I would join it ? This repair cost me nearly $1,000.You should have a look at http://www.polybutylene.com to find the best settlement information. Also have a look at the link provided below which also is a good source of polybutylene research.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This