removeing bathtub hot & cold water valves

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives removeing bathtub hot & cold water valves

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I am unable to remove the metal knob covers to the valve they seem to be stuck. I am afread to bang or pry them off in fear of breaking the pipe. How do i get these covers off>

Participant

: I am unable to remove the metal knob covers to the valve they seem to be stuck. I am afread to bang or pry them off in fear of breaking the pipe. : How do i get these covers off>I assume you mean the handles and you have removed the index buttons and removed screw that holds hdl. on if you have done that–get some WD 40 or other oil and squirt in hole and hope a lttle soaks out into splines-sometimes tapping the face of the handle will help.

Participant

: : I am unable to remove the metal knob covers to the valve they seem to be stuck. I am afread to bang or pry them off in fear of breaking the pipe. : : How do i get these covers off>: I assume you mean the handles and you have removed : the index buttons and removed screw that holds hdl. on : if you have done that–get some WD 40 or other : oil and squirt in hole and hope a lttle soaks out : into splines-sometimes tapping the face of the handle : will help.

Participant

: I am unable to remove the metal knob covers to the valve they seem to be stuck. I am afread to bang or pry them off in fear of breaking the pipe. : How do i get these covers off>FIrst Id like to know for sure you dont have any small set screws around the handles. If you dont you can …gently tap… on the handles and try wobbling them off. Even easier is a tool called a handle puller-ask at your local hardware store-relativley inexpensive My question to you is if youre having diffaculty removing the handles what do you intend to do once the hadles are off. Perhaps calling a plumber is your best bet.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This