New toilet bowl with old tank?

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives New toilet bowl with old tank?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Is is possible to keep my old tank when installing a new bowl? I have cracks at the bolts, and I need to remove the toilet to install new vinyl flooring. Im told that the base of the toilet will probably fall apart when I take it off. I dont know the brand of my toilet, but its over 15 yrs. old.

Participant

The old toilet was a high water usage one. In order to prevent what you are trying to do, the new low consumption ones have different tank mount dimensions. And if you did do it, the new toilet would probably flush three or four times before the water from the tank shut off. Install a new unit, but also check with your water department to see if your municipality gives a rebate for making the conversion to a low flush toilet. : Is is possible to keep my old tank when installing a new bowl? I have cracks at the bolts, and I need to remove the toilet to install new vinyl flooring. Im told that the base of the toilet will probably fall apart when I take it off. I dont know the brand of my toilet, but its over 15 yrs. old.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This