gas water heater problems

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives gas water heater problems

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Our hot water heater has not been performing as it used to. It is about 4-5 years old. The water is not as hot and we seem to have less of it. One day while running the water in the bath, I heard a clunk sound, the water pressure reduced instantly and then little bits of white stuff started coming out of the faucet. Subsequently, we saw a program on TV regarding some water heaters which use pvc pipes inside (instead of whatever used to be used). In many of these heaters, the plastic is disintegrating, causing a reduction in performance. What do you know about this? I have saved some of these little bits and they do indeed appear to be disintegrated plastic.

Participant

I have been trying to locate Crown Shower Door Inc, Floral Park, L.I., NY for replacement brackets & hardware for a sliding shower door towel bar. I cant locate this manufacturer. Each bracket for the towel bar has only one screw whole for attaching it to the shower door. When I searched stores for some type of replacement, all of the towel bar hardware have two drill wholes which will not work with my shower door. Do you know where I can find the needed parts. I have one bracket and the towel bar, but the other bracket has been broken and tossed out. Thank you

Participant

http://www.hotwater.com/newinfo/inletinformation2.htm Here is the information you as well as I probably need.: Our hot water heater has not been performing as it used to. It is about 4-5 years old. The water is not as hot and we seem to have less of it. One day while running the water in the bath, I heard a clunk sound, the water pressure reduced instantly and then little bits of white stuff started coming out of the faucet. Subsequently, we saw a program on TV regarding some water heaters which use pvc pipes inside (instead of whatever used to be used). In many of these heaters, the plastic is disintegrating, causing a reduction in performance. What do you know about this? I have saved some of these little bits and they do indeed appear to be disintegrated plastic.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This