Sewer Connection

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Sewer Connection

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

We are presently purchasing a house that had a septic system. In order for us to connect to the city sewers, we are going to have to have a pump installed. I am not 100% familiar with this procedure and would appreciate some information regarding this. I guess my main concern is when the power goes out will a small generator take care of this pump? Do these pumps ever work on a passive basis, i.e., on demand? Thanks for your input.

Participant

Since even the best of systems can have a pump failure, whether a motor problem or a clogged pump, the best system, especially since it will serve the entire house, will be a two pump systme with alternating pump operation, two pump emergency operation, a high water alarm and light if neither pump functions, and a normally closed water valve on the supply to the house that will prevent water usage if the pumps are not working or there is a power failure that would kill all pump and safety features. A system such as this will cost about 3 to 4 times what a single pump will run, but it will be worth it in the long run. : We are presently purchasing a house that had a septic system. In order for us to connect to the city sewers, we are going to have to have a pump installed. I am not 100% familiar with this procedure and would appreciate some information regarding this. I guess my main concern is when the power goes out will a small generator take care of this pump? Do these pumps ever work on a passive basis, i.e., on demand? Thanks for your input.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This