Sump Pump Discharge Hose.

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Sump Pump Discharge Hose.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I WOULD LIKE SOME INFORMATION REGARDING THE CORRECT PROCEDURE TO BURY MY SUMP PUMP DISCHARGE HOSE. DO I NEED A SPECIAL TYPE OF HOSE? DO I NEED DRAINAGE TILES? WILL THIS CAUSE MY YARD TO SETTLE IN A DIFFERENT MANNER? THANKS FOR YOUR TIME. MARTY KRACH

Participant

Generally, a sump pump discharge hose that is sold specifically for a sump pump should be strong enough for underground use. As long as it is corrugated. You could also use PVC pipe instead of the hose (still pretty cheap). As far as your yard sinking down, as long as the hose is sealed throughout the length, it should be just fine. If you are refering to the point of discharge, it really depends on the frequency that the pump operates. If it is frequent, you will end up with a soggy ground. The only suggestion that I have to offer is to create a gravel pit or water way, far enough from the house as not to allow water to re-enter the basement. The pit size really depends on again the frequency of the pump operation and the amount of water pumped each cycle. Good luck.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This