no water from hot water taps

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing no water from hot water taps

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

we have no water coming from the hot water taps but we have cold water. and good pressure. could this be caused by a blockage in the pipes or the hot water tank? this is affecting all the taps in the house. the little bit of water we have gotten out of the taps is hot.

Participant

Alyssa,
          we just had a customer with the same problem. It turned out to be a blockage in the hot water heater. Depending on the age of the heater, if it’s over 5 years old I would replace the water heater. That’s what we did and it corrected their problem.

Good luck,
          Scott

Participant

Thanks Scott,

I was hoping it wouldn’t come to that. Oh well.

Alyssa

Participant

Dont replace the unit if its not needed too, turn off the water to the unit and disconnet the inlet pipe and turn on the water slowly, do you get water?? yes ?? then reconnect and test the outlet side. get water ?? no ?? then the blockage is further down the line. if you didnt get water out of the outlet then the bloacke is in the inlet valve, clean and test. If you didnt get water the first test then the blockage is in the water service leading into the tank.
              one more question, si it only one tap that aint getting watter ?? sometimes the tap washer gets jamed on the tap seat, and will not come out on its own. call if you still have problems after doing the above

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or
              will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed plumber with my own business in Brisbane Australia

Participant

dont you hate hitting “post your reply” just as you see a typo …
                Dont replace the unit if its not needed too, turn off the water to the unit and disconnet the inlet pipe and turn on the water slowly, do you get water?? yes ?? then reconnect and test the outlet side. get water ?? no ?? <—- should read yes ?? then the blockage is in the tank valve …… clear as mud ??

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This