hot water heater tank(electric)

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives hot water heater tank(electric)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

how can I tell which thermostat is not working right? Seems one is on constantly, but which one?

Bill: Once the water heater heats up the water inside, the lower thermostat does all the work (unless you drain enough hot water to cause the upper thermo to kick in). You will get a voltage reading at the terminals on the elements (110 volts) even when the thermostat is satisfied because it only breaks one leg of the 220 volts required to operate it. If the thermostat is not working you will either have no hot water…erratic performance.. or scalding water at times and a constand need to reset the ECO (the little red button located on top of the upper thermostat…..Bud.how can I tell which thermostat is not working right? Seems one is on constantly, but which one?

: how can I tell which thermostat is not working right? Seems one is on constantly, but which one?

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This