Re: Dishwasher Removal

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Re: Dishwasher Removal

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I need to replace my exisitng 18″ dishwasher, but am having trouble removing it. I took the screws out of the top but the bottom will not budge more than an inch. Is there something I need to unscrew on the bottom also? I don’t see anything holding it in. It has rusted out on one side. Could this be keeping it from being pulled out? Thank you.

Participant

the two screws should be the only thing holding it in place. I am sure that you have already disconnected the water supply and the drain hose? If you have then give it a good pull, it will come out.

Participant

the two screws should be the only thing holding it in place. I am sure that you have already disconnected the water supply and the drain hose? If you have then give it a good pull, it will come out.

Participant

Remove the bottom front kick plate (the metal cover across the bottom of the front under the door) and you will find a water connection which needs to be removed (turn the water off first) and an electrical connection (if there is a cord and plug, unplug it; if it is hardwired, make sure that all power to the dishwasher is ‘off’ before removing the electric supply).

If you do not understand what I described, do not do this yourself. Either call a plumbing contractor, electrical contractor, or just have the new dishwasher installed by the appliance installers from the store where you purchase your new dishwasher.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This