Leaking gas water heater

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Leaking gas water heater

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Our gas water heater is leaking from the bottom and the drain valve. Does this mean we need a new water heater? My thoughts are yes, however, my husband disagrees. Can you help us? I am not sure how old our water tank is, we moved into our house a year in a half ago. Our current water heater is made by Rheem

Participant

: Our gas water heater is leaking from the bottom and the drain valve. Does this mean we need a new water heater? My thoughts are yes, however, my husband disagrees. Can you help us? I am not sure how old our water tank is, we moved into our house a year in a half ago. Our current water heater is made by Rheem

Participant

Ashley: Sorry to say; but if the heater is leaking from the bottom, it is time to say adios to it. The leak from the valve can be fixed or capped, the other cannot. The heater has a five (5) year warranty against tank failure, if you can determine when it was installed, you may be entitled to a replacement heater. There is a coded date listed on the rating plate somewhere on the lower part of the tank. Call the local distributor for Rheem and give him that information on the rating plate.. Lots of luck…Bud

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This