water pressure

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing water pressure

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

The hot water pressure is very low in the kitchen and main bathroom; however, the hot water pressure in the rest of the house is fine.

Could there be blockage of some sort in the lines? Should I call in a plumber or is there something I can do?

Participant

Kitchen and main bathroom, Are they close together? Is the tub pressure in that bathroom low? Was there any work performed at the house before you had this problem?

Either a branch control valve to this area is not working properly, or the aerators at the faucets have debris in them, unscrew from faucet spouts and clean.
          Good Luck,
          Bill
          The Local Plumber
          Tustin, California http://www.TheLocalPlumber.com

Participant

quote:

Originally posted by TheLocalPlumber:
            Kitchen and main bathroom, Are they close together? Is the tub pressure in that bathroom low? Was there any work performed at the house before you had this problem?

Either a branch control valve to this area is not working properly, or the aerators at the faucets have debris in them, unscrew from faucet spouts and clean.
            Good Luck,
            Bill
            The Local Plumber
            Tustin, California http://www.TheLocalPlumber.com

Mr. Bill,

Thanks for responding to my question. I just want to get an idea of what is causing the problem. Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention that it’s only the hot water that has the pressure problem.

I haven’t had any work done recently and have noticed that the water pressure has decreased more over time. The tub pressure is very low as well and takes quite a while for hot water.

The bathroom and kitchen have a common wall (I live in a small condo.) and there is a panel in the kitchen that can be removed to get to the bathroom plumbing (shower and toilet.)

I probably will have to call in a plumber but I want to know what to expect so I don’t get the run around.
            Thanks again,
            Lalela

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This