No heat.

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing No heat.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keymaster

my radiator in the bathroom has water in it upon bleeding the radiator i filled a bucket now all
        of a sudden i have no heat in three areas of the apt.i have heat in the kitchen, and bathroom, but the
        remaining 3 rooms have none i opened the bleeder valves on all the rest i get air for a little while and
        thats it nothing else behind it this is and old home built in the 60s i am on the 3rd floor can you give me
        some advise thanks sincerly eddie rivera

Participant

If you bled out the air and didn’t manually refill the system you may not have enough pressure to allow proper circulation.

When a boiler system is filled Via automatic feeder Normally set 12-15 PSI this does not allow for making a positive pressure on the upper floors.

You see even 15 PSI would only let the system fill to a height of 34.65 ft Above the fill pressure.

What most of us heating folks do is increase the pressure another 4 or 5 PSI so we have positive pressure above the highest radiator/baseboard so air is forced out when we bleed these types of heating systems and no chance of causing a slight vacuum when the water cools down.

Have a LMP show you how to add this pressure safely and possibly install high quality Spirovent automatic bleeders that remove micro bubbles from this system.

At least you didnt ask a stock clerk “how to” like Dumbell Jack does.

They wrote a book a long time ago about “the house jack built” LOL

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This