Low Water Pressure, Since ive owned home.

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Low Water Pressure, Since ive owned home.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I bought my current home about 7 years ago. It has fine water pressure everywhere but the Kitchen Sink, so about a year ago i cleaned the aerator on the fauset and checked the gate/shutoff valves below to ensure that all was clean and open. But this did not change the pressure. The fauset was a simple type with no sprayer. The supply below is a 1/2 copper pipe with a chrome valve reduced to a 3/8 outlet. I replaced the S.S. hose from the 3/8 outlet to the bottom of Fauset. Still no help im getting about 1 gallon of water in about 4 minutes. A couple of months ago i went and bought a Groun Faucet installed it (i needed a sprayer anyway) but this did not help my pressure problem either. So today i replaced the 1/2 chrome shutoff valves with 1/2 Ball Valves, But my pressure is no better. Pressure at all other fixtures in the house is great, what could it be? Im prepared to Replace the supply pipes from my Hotwater system to the kitchen directly to solve this issue, but this will entail various Drywall and Floor demolition and reconstruction. Is their something im overlooking ?Any Reply/ Help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Samus –

Participant

If the pressure is the same when you turn on either hot or cold, and even when you turn both of them on to the maximum, then the problem is in the faucet. Cleaning the aerator will not help if it is a low flow one. Does the pressure increase when the aerator is removed? The new faucet has a flow restrictor built in to limit the pressure, so that is not a good test.: I bought my current home about 7 years ago. It has fine water pressure everywhere but the Kitchen Sink, so about a year ago i cleaned the aerator on the fauset and checked the gate/shutoff valves below to ensure that all was clean and open. But this did not change the pressure. The fauset was a simple type with no sprayer. The supply below is a 1/2 copper pipe with a chrome valve reduced to a 3/8 outlet. I replaced the S.S. hose from the 3/8 outlet to the bottom of Fauset. Still no help im getting about 1 gallon of water in about 4 minutes. : A couple of months ago i went and bought a Groun Faucet installed it (i needed a sprayer anyway) but this did not help my pressure problem either. So today i replaced the 1/2 chrome shutoff valves with 1/2 Ball Valves, But my pressure is no better. : Pressure at all other fixtures in the house is great, what could it be? : Im prepared to Replace the supply pipes from my Hotwater system to the kitchen directly to solve this issue, but this will entail various Drywall and Floor demolition and reconstruction. : Is their something im overlooking ?: Any Reply/ Help would be greatly appreciated. : Regards, : Samus –

Participant

Thanks HJ, The pressure stays the same weather its a hot and cold only or both on (it has a single control handle). With the aerator removed in does not change pressure either. I will try and unscrew the bottom S.S. supply line that is attached to the bottom of the faucet and check the pressure their. And will report back what i find Tomarrow. Regards. Samus

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This