Shower diverter valve in Delta faucet

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Shower diverter valve in Delta faucet

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

After having a hot water installed, recently, I am finding a lot of sediment trapped in faucet aerators and screens. A once freely flowing shower is now a trickle and there is no sediment in the shower head.The shower diverter valve in my Delta bathtub faucet is a round device the same diameter (1 to 2 inches) as the faucet outlet and is operated by pushing up into the spigot to divert to the shower and by pulling down to reestablish flow into the bathtub. There are no visible screws or snap apart connections.How do I remove the bloody thing to clean out the sediment, which must be in there somewhere?

Participant

The spout is too large to become restricted by the debris. It is more likely blocking the seat washers inside the valve.: After having a hot water installed, recently, I am finding a lot of sediment trapped in faucet aerators and screens. A once freely flowing shower is now a trickle and there is no sediment in the shower head.: The shower diverter valve in my Delta bathtub faucet is a round device the same diameter (1 to 2 inches) as the faucet outlet and is operated by pushing up into the spigot to divert to the shower and by pulling down to reestablish flow into the bathtub. There are no visible screws or snap apart connections.: How do I remove the bloody thing to clean out the sediment, which must be in there somewhere?

Participant

Also, If the diverter were obstructed, and the water was flowing through the faucet, then the shower would always work but the tub would not.: After having a hot water installed, recently, I am finding a lot of sediment trapped in faucet aerators and screens. A once freely flowing shower is now a trickle and there is no sediment in the shower head.: The shower diverter valve in my Delta bathtub faucet is a round device the same diameter (1 to 2 inches) as the faucet outlet and is operated by pushing up into the spigot to divert to the shower and by pulling down to reestablish flow into the bathtub. There are no visible screws or snap apart connections.: How do I remove the bloody thing to clean out the sediment, which must be in there somewhere?

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This