Battery Backup for sump pump question!

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Battery Backup for sump pump question!

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 25 years ago by Avatar photoAnonymous.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I just moved to a new house which has a sump pump. I dont even understand how these work as I just moved from downtown out to country. Neighbor told me that your basement floods if there is a power outage during rain. Apparently this happened to previous owners and they neglected to put that on disclosure form. Should I buy a generator? Is it easy to throw a battery back up on this thing? Or do I have to buiy a whole new pump to be assured no problems???? Please help!Joe

To Joe: If your electric utility co. is any thing like commenwealth edison in northern Illinois buy a generator. Sump pump systems relieve water pressure from underminig your footings or foundations that are in the ground. In the united states a good manufacturer of back-up battery systems is Aqua Not battery back up sump pumps your local plumbing supply should be able to handle the order.Mark Tiernan Tiernan Bros. Plbg

You can install a water or battery backup sump pump. Both are reliable but the battery will run down and the water is wasteful so if you expect a lot of 24 hour or longer power outages then you ought to buy a generator. Ive installed a lot of emergency back up sump pumps and they work great. PlumbingWarehouse has good prices and good service on the net.Ive included a picture of the water pressure type of backup unit.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This