pipe hammering

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives pipe hammering

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 25 years ago by Avatar photoDave.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

About a year and a half ago I finished my basement. Now about six months ago a noise which someone told me was pipe hammering developed when the toilet gets flushed, it happens when the water shuts off after the tank is filled. I know there is something that can be added to the water line to solve this problem. What I dont know is where to put it. Can it go anywhere in that line?

Participant

Your biggest problem may a bad toilet fill valve. But if not, then there is a product called a Mini-restor which installs between the toilet shutoff valve and the pipe coming out of the wall to minimize the hammer.: About a year and a half ago I finished my basement. Now about six months ago a noise which someone told me was pipe hammering developed when the toilet gets flushed, it happens when the water shuts off after the tank is filled. I know there is something that can be added to the water line to solve this problem. What I dont know is where to put it. Can it go anywhere in that line?

Participant

Did you put a laundry in the basement ? if so, turn off the taps to the washing machine and see if you still get the hammer. If so the jumper valves need pinning: Your biggest problem may a bad toilet fill valve. But if not, then there is a product called a Mini-restor which installs between the toilet shutoff valve and the pipe coming out of the wall to minimize the hammer.: : About a year and a half ago I finished my basement. Now about six months ago a noise which someone told me was pipe hammering developed when the toilet gets flushed, it happens when the water shuts off after the tank is filled. I know there is something that can be added to the water line to solve this problem. What I dont know is where to put it. Can it go anywhere in that line?

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This