Problem with Electric Hot Water Heater.

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Problem with Electric Hot Water Heater.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have a 5 year old house and an electric hot water heater that seems to be leaking a little. Enough to short out the wiring in the top of the tank. I turned the power off and cleaned up the wires and put on some new wire nuts and left them out of their little hole they were in. I found the little small leak was on the hot water side. It seems as if the piping or connection dimples into the tank itself (or at least it seems so). I am wondering should I replace or tighten the connection or replace the heater itself. Thanks, Rodney

Participant

Depending on the serial number/date of the heater, it may still be under the 5 year warranty.: I have a 5 year old house and an electric hot water heater that seems to be leaking a little. Enough to short out the wiring in the top of the tank. I turned the power off and cleaned up the wires and put on some new wire nuts and left them out of their little hole they were in. I found the little small leak was on the hot water side. It seems as if the piping or connection dimples into the tank itself (or at least it seems so). I am wondering should I replace or tighten the connection or replace the heater itself. Thanks, Rodney

Participant

I am changing the bottom heating element in my hot water heater. There is a lot of hard water setiment in the bottom of the water tank. How can this be cleared up or what is the best be to get rid of the sediment. I have gotton one bucket of settement out all ready and there is still more in the bottom a lot more. Can i use a wet dry vac for this. HELLP!

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This