Help! Water pressure problem…

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Help! Water pressure problem…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Hi. I have just moved into a new place (circa 1950) and I have a problem with the water pressure in the shower.

The house is small and the water pressure in the kitchen and bathroom taps is fine.

However the water coming from the shower head has little pressure and volume.

Is there anything I can do to try and fix this? A new shower head or something? Or do I need to get someone to look at it.

My hotwater tank is pretty small (about 3 ft high) and is actually located in the bathroom not far from the shower.

Participant

First try a new shower head.

The shower head could be clogged with mineral deposits or debris in the water.

When the shower head is removed, turn the water on and check for a good flow without the shower head on (be careful of water splashing all over because the shower head has been removed). If there is only a dribble from the shower arm, the shower head is not the problem.

Participant

Just be carefull when undoing the shower rose, make sure its not twisting the pipe in the wall

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This