gas water heater – white particles

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives gas water heater – white particles

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

I have an A.O. Smith gas water heater installed by the building in 8/95. Im connected to city water. For several weeks I have been finding white particles in my faucet screens. It is so bad that not a single drop comes from the spot. The faucet supply lines are clogged with these particles too. I heard it could be the dip tube. What do I do now?

Participant

: : I have an A.O. Smith gas water heater installed by the building in 8/95. Im connected to city water. For several weeks I have been finding white particles in my faucet screens. It is so bad that not a single drop comes from the spot. The faucet supply lines are clogged with these particles too. I heard it could be the dip tube. What do I do now?A consumer alert has been issued that could impact millions of homehowners. If you bought a hot water tank between 1993 and 1996, this could save you hundreds of dollars. 90% of the residential water heaters built between 93 and 96 could have a flawed dip tube that was not manufactured properly and is actually dissolving in your tank. It turns out that the lines are clogged with plastic chips. The plastic is coming from a faulty line in the hot water tank called a dip tube. In many cases it is literally disintegrating. The plastic is picking up and that material is ending up in your water.A group on Michigan consumers is preparing to file litigation to go after the companies that sold the bad parts and tanks. Rheem, Sears, State, and American have made the bad part, as have Amcom and Profession Corp.For more information, you can contact Attorney and Counselor Michael A. Gagleard at 248-647-8590.Or check out WXYZ – Detroits web site on Wednesday, March 3.

Participant

ALL WATER HEATERS MADE BETWEEN 92 AND96 HAD DEFECTIVE DIP TUBES IN THEM.I HAVE FOUND ABOUT 25 WITH THIS PROBLEM IN JUST THE PAST FEW MONTHS.APART FROM REPLACING THE ENTIRE WATER HEATER,ALL THAT YOU CAN DO IS INSTALL A NEW DIP TUBE AND THEN FLUSH OUT THE TANK THOUROUGHLY TO GET AS MUCH OF THE PLASTIC WHITE PARTICALLS OUT.

Participant

The Actual location on the internet from A.O. Smith regarding this problem is: http://aoswpc.whc.net/Newinfo/inletinformation2.htm : : I have an A.O. Smith gas water heater installed by the building in 8/95. Im connected to city water. For several weeks I have been finding white particles in my faucet screens. It is so bad that not a single drop comes from the spot. The faucet supply lines are clogged with these particles too. I heard it could be the dip tube. What do I do now?

Participant

: : : : : I have an A.O. Smith gas water heater installed by the building in 8/95. Im connected to city water. For several weeks I have been finding white particles in my faucet screens. It is so bad that not a single drop comes from the spot. The faucet supply lines are clogged with these particles too. I heard it could be the dip tube. What do I do now?: A consumer alert has been issued that could impact millions of homehowners. If you bought a hot water tank between 1993 and 1996, this could save you hundreds of dollars. : 90% of the residential water heaters built between 93 and 96 could have a flawed dip tube that was not manufactured properly and is actually dissolving in your tank. It turns out that the lines are clogged with plastic chips. The plastic is coming from a faulty line in the hot water tank called a dip tube. In many cases it is literally disintegrating. The plastic is picking up and that material is ending up in your water.: A group on Michigan consumers is preparing to file litigation to go after the companies that sold the bad parts and tanks. Rheem, Sears, State, and American have made the bad part, as have Amcom and Profession Corp.: For more information, you can contact Attorney and Counselor Michael A. Gagleard at 248-647-8590.: Or check out WXYZ – Detroits web site on Wednesday, March 3.Buzz off………..i need to find stuff

Participant

: : : : : I have an A.O. Smith gas water heater installed by the building in 8/95. Im connected to city water. For several weeks I have been finding white particles in my faucet screens. It is so bad that not a single drop comes from the spot. The faucet supply lines are clogged with these particles too. I heard it could be the dip tube. What do I do now?: A consumer alert has been issued that could impact millions of homehowners. If you bought a hot water tank between 1993 and 1996, this could save you hundreds of dollars. : 90% of the residential water heaters built between 93 and 96 could have a flawed dip tube that was not manufactured properly and is actually dissolving in your tank. It turns out that the lines are clogged with plastic chips. The plastic is coming from a faulty line in the hot water tank called a dip tube. In many cases it is literally disintegrating. The plastic is picking up and that material is ending up in your water.: A group on Michigan consumers is preparing to file litigation to go after the companies that sold the bad parts and tanks. Rheem, Sears, State, and American have made the bad part, as have Amcom and Profession Corp.: For more information, you can contact Attorney and Counselor Michael A. Gagleard at 248-647-8590.: Or check out WXYZ – Detroits web site on Wednesday, March 3.Buzz off………..i need to find stuffAND THAT PERFECTION CORP…………….!!!!

Participant

: : : : : : could you please furnish me with info as to how to get necessary repairs taken care of at perfection corp expense

Participant

: : : : : : : : I have an A.O. Smith gas water heater installed by the building in 8/95. Im connected to city water. For several weeks I have been finding white particles in my faucet screens. It is so bad that not a single drop comes from the spot. The faucet supply lines are clogged with these particles too. I heard it could be the dip tube. What do I do now?: : A consumer alert has been issued that could impact millions of homehowners. If you bought a hot water tank between 1993 and 1996, this could save you hundreds of dollars. : : 90% of the residential water heaters built between 93 and 96 could have a flawed dip tube that was not manufactured properly and is actually dissolving in your tank. It turns out that the lines are clogged with plastic chips. The plastic is coming from a faulty line in the hot water tank called a dip tube. In many cases it is literally disintegrating. The plastic is picking up and that material is ending up in your water.: : A group on Michigan consumers is preparing to file litigation to go after the companies that sold the bad parts and tanks. Rheem, Sears, State, and American have made the bad part, as have Amcom and Profession Corp.: : For more information, you can contact Attorney and Counselor Michael A. Gagleard at 248-647-8590.: : Or check out WXYZ – Detroits web site on Wednesday, March 3.: Buzz off………..i need to find stuff

Participant

: ALL WATER HEATERS MADE BETWEEN 92 AND96 HAD DEFECTIVE DIP TUBES IN THEM.I HAVE FOUND ABOUT 25 WITH THIS PROBLEM IN JUST THE PAST FEW MONTHS.APART FROM REPLACING THE ENTIRE WATER HEATER,ALL THAT YOU CAN DO IS INSTALL A NEW DIP TUBE AND THEN FLUSH OUT THE TANK THOUROUGHLY TO GET AS MUCH OF THE PLASTIC WHITE PARTICALLS OUT.there is a class action pending on this problem, i am looking for infoo on the class action if anyone has the data

Participant

Every faucet in my house has been replaced. I had to remove all the filters on all spickets. My washing machine continually gave me a problem until I replaced it. My dishwasher is a mess. Finally, I called a plumber when I coulnt find replacement parts from locale hardware store. He told me why Ive been have such a problem. Now, How do I make a claim or join in on the litigation? I have a GSW water heater. Can you believe it, I thought those white chips were from the city water supply or maybe I had faulty pipes somewhere in the house. HELp

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This