pinhole copper pipe leak

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives pinhole copper pipe leak

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 25 years ago by Avatar photodoug.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have finally located in my utility room wall a pinhole leak on a straight vertical copper pipe. How do I effectively fix this leak? does a clamp/rubber piece suffice?

Participant

doug:–In spite of what you may hear to the contrary, a stainless steel radiator clamp and a piece of neoprene rubber will probably outlast me you and the house the leak is in. More importantly, a means to prevent the continuation of Copper leaching from your piping should be considered…check out the site below. Lots of luck…Bud.How do I effectively fix this leak? does a clamp/rubber piece suffice?I have finally located in my utility room wall a pinhole leak on a straight vertical copper pipe.

Participant

: doug:–In spite of what you may hear to the contrary, a stainless steel radiator clamp and a piece of neoprene rubber will probably outlast me you and the house the leak is in. : More importantly, a means to prevent the continuation of Copper leaching from your piping should be considered…check out the site below. : Lots of luck…Bud.How do I effectively fix this leak? does a clamp/rubber piece suffice?: I have finally located in my utility room wall a pinhole leak on a straight vertical copper pipe.we just had a pinhole copper pipe leak in our foudation. im heard many theories on how these pinhole leaks occur. one theory is that the copper pipe is somehow touching the metal rebar in the foundation. please e-mail me if you know of any other possible reasons for this type of leak and how it should be fixed. thanks, robert yale

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This