leaking fixture in tub

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives leaking fixture in tub

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I have a tub faucet that leaks. It started out very slight and now has turned into a trickle. All around the fixtures is tile. I can get to the pipes from the other side of the wall, though. Im not a plumber and am not sure how or if I should proceed to fix this. Is this in my abilities? should I get a professional? Im fairly handy with most things like this around the house. Any suggestions?

Participant

IT IS ANY GOOD TO USE A PLUMBER WE CAN SAVE YOU MONEY AND FIX IT TO LAST.. BUT IF YOU WANT TO TRY IT YOURSELF SO BE IT.. START BY REMOVEING YOUR SHOWER AND TUB HANDLES, THAN YOU ARE TO THE STEMS, YOUR MAY NEED TO BUY A PLUMBERS SOCKET SET TO REMOVED BOTH OR ALL THREE STEMS, REMOVES THE STEMS AND YOUR WILL FIND A WASHER ON THE BOTTOM OF THE STEM, YOU CAN REPLACE THE WASHER IF THE STEM IS IN GOOD SHAPE. AFTER THAT TAKE A FLASH LIGHT AND LOOK INSIDE THE VALVE AND YOU WILL SEE A SEAT IN THERE, REMOVE THE SEAT AND REPLACE IT.. YOUR HAVE JUST REBUILT YOUR TUB VALVE.. OH GET A SEAT WRENCH YOU WILL NEED IT TO REMOVE THE SEAT.. GOOD LUCK YOUR FRIEND THE PIPEXPERT…

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This