copper pipe in concrete

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives copper pipe in concrete

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I am trying to find the rules governing plumbing copper pipe under or in a concrete slab. The site is a site, mine. I suspect that all I have to do is seperate the copper pipe from the concrete with some sort of flexiable insulation such as foam but I am not sure.Ernie Bertram

Participant

i would recommend to use type B pre-lagged copper wrapped in foam (material that you use on slab waste).

Participant

:why dont you use some Copper Cover sleeving. Ive used it in S.A. Ring Ductile Products 08-82431548

Participant

:Copper pipe located under ground or in concrete should be concealed in plastic poly tubing to prevent acids in the ground and salts in the concrete from corroding the copper pipe. If the pipe is just passing through the concrete, then a ridged sleeve should be placed in the formwork to allow the pipe to have movement for expansion or contraction. Contact your local plumbing inspector for more info and good luck.

Participant

I am able to supply you with Copper Cover which will help in protecting copper pipe work in corrosive situations. For more information you can ring me on 08-82431548 or 0407-028741 and E-mail as above.

Participant

: i would recommend to use type B pre-lagged copper wrapped in foam (material that you use on slab waste).

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This