Loose toilet

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Loose toilet

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Hi, I have a toilet installed on an uneven tile floor. Every time I reseat the toilet it eventually becomes loose and wobbles. How can I secure it tight without breaking the toilet by tightning the 2 bolts down too hard? Thanks for any suggestions!

Participant

When you have an uneven floor you have to shim up one side of the toilet to make it level and to keep it from rocking. Tighten it down partway then get it level and stack some pennies under one side of the toilet, then tighten the rest of the way. Dap the toilet to secure it and to hide the pennies. Use water-based dap, not silicone or you will have a big mess.

Participant

: Hi, youre a complete moron– crap on the floor

Participant

: Hi, : I have a toilet installed on an uneven tile floor. Every time I reseat the toilet it eventually becomes loose and wobbles. How can I secure it tight without breaking the toilet by tightning the 2 bolts down too hard? : Thanks for any suggestions!Hire a professional you dont know what your doing !!!

Participant

: : Hi, : : I have a toilet installed on an uneven tile floor. Every time I reseat the toilet it eventually becomes loose and wobbles. How can I secure it tight without breaking the toilet by tightning the 2 bolts down too hard? : : Thanks for any suggestions!: Hire a professional you dont know what your doing !!!

Participant

: : Hi, : : I have a toilet installed on an uneven tile floor. Every time I reseat the toilet it eventually becomes loose and wobbles. How can I secure it tight without breaking the toilet by tightning the 2 bolts down too hard? : : Thanks for any suggestions!: Hire a professional you dont know what your doing !!!

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This