radiant heat for weekend home

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives radiant heat for weekend home

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

We are building a weekend ski house in the mountains.We would like to use radiant heat. We would plan to keep the house heated to around 50 degrees during the week when we are not there. We have been told that radiant heat may not be a good choice because of the time it would take the system to recover from 50 to 70.Is this correct?

Participant
          Participant
            Participant
              Participant

Yes, if you install radiant heat in a slab it does have a slow responce time but I believe there are ways you can work around this. It may not be enough for you to worry about, first of all. If you can wait 6 to 12 hours to get up to the temp you want than leave it. Another option is to see if theres a control that will accept signals from a phone line or computer access to turn it up when you tell it youre coming. I am sure these are out there but I just dont have a link available for you right now. If you cant find anything out let me know and Ill do a little research.

Participant

Yes, if you install radiant heat in a slab it does have a slow responce time but I believe there are ways you can work around this. It may not be enough for you to worry about, first of all. If you can wait 6 to 12 hours to get up to the temp you want than leave it. Another option is to see if theres a control that will accept signals from a phone line or computer access to turn it up when you tell it youre coming. I am sure these are out there but I just dont have a link available for you right now. If you cant find anything out let me know and Ill do a little research.

Participant

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This