Grinder pumps

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Grinder pumps

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Please provide recommendation for a reliable grinder pump to service a 5000 sf home. Im about to purchase lot, but have other options. Please advise whether situation requiring a grinder pump should be avoided. I have no experience with pumps and I am concerned about reliability, o&m costs, etc. Thank your for your help.

Participant

Andy:–A grinder pump doesnt work any better than a regular lift station pump. Sometimes a grinder pump will be specified by a Builder or Contractor to be in compliance with a local code. The only difference is the grinder or (Macerator) has metal teeth in the housing that can deal effectively with some materials that sometimes find a way into sewage collection lines. Some good pricing and information is available below…Lots of luck…Bud.

Participant

Andy:–A grinder pump doesnt work any better than a regular lift station pump. Sometimes a grinder pump will be specified by a Builder or Contractor to be in compliance with a local code. The only difference is the grinder or (Macerator) has metal teeth in the housing that can deal effectively with some materials that sometimes find a way into sewage collection lines. Some good pricing and information is available below…Lots of luck…Bud.

Participant

Participant

If this is to service the entire residence, then it should be a duplex system with alternator, so that a pump failure will not disable the entire drainage. There should be a emergency/high water alarm to signal if both pumps have failed, or if the scheduled pump is not operating. A normally closed water valve in the supply to the building connected to the high water alarm will turn off the water to the building if the pumps, or power, fails, thus avoiding a flooded house, due to continued water usage.: Please provide recommendation for a reliable grinder pump to service a 5000 sf home. Im about to purchase lot, but have other options. Please advise whether situation requiring a grinder pump should be avoided. I have no experience with pumps and I am concerned about reliability, o&m costs, etc. Thank your for your help.

Participant

If this is to service the entire residence, then it should be a duplex system with alternator, so that a pump failure will not disable the entire drainage. There should be a emergency/high water alarm to signal if both pumps have failed, or if the scheduled pump is not operating. A normally closed water valve in the supply to the building connected to the high water alarm will turn off the water to the building if the pumps, or power, fails, thus avoiding a flooded house, due to continued water usage.: Please provide recommendation for a reliable grinder pump to service a 5000 sf home. Im about to purchase lot, but have other options. Please advise whether situation requiring a grinder pump should be avoided. I have no experience with pumps and I am concerned about reliability, o&m costs, etc. Thank your for your help.

Participant

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This