Re: How to drain water from my yard?? French drain to street???

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Re: How to drain water from my yard?? French drain to street???

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

: My back yard is swampy from water running off a hill to the base of my back yard. what is the best way to drain it off ? would a french drain ran out to the street be the beast way ?? what materials should I use? Pipe gravel, mesh cloth? how deep what type of gravel?HELP new homeowner!!

Participant

You have to be very careful. Most jurisdictions do not allow you to drain onto adjacent property. And if the yard is wet all the time, the Government could declare it a wetland, (not joking either).: : My back yard is swampy from water running off a hill to the base of my back yard. what is the best way to drain it off ? would a french drain ran out to the street be the beast way ?? what materials should I use? Pipe gravel, mesh cloth? how deep what type of gravel?HELP new homeowner!!

Participant

You have to be very careful. Most jurisdictions do not allow you to drain onto adjacent property. And if the yard is wet all the time, the Government could declare it a wetland, (not joking either).: : My back yard is swampy from water running off a hill to the base of my back yard. what is the best way to drain it off ? would a french drain ran out to the street be the beast way ?? what materials should I use? Pipe gravel, mesh cloth? how deep what type of gravel?HELP new homeowner!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This