Sewage ejector pump application

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Sewage ejector pump application

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I live in a home that is approximatley 50 years old. Whenever ther is a large ammount of rain, the sewage system backs up into my basement. The previous owner installed a sewage shut off valve. This is somewhat nice, except you must be home and know when you basement is taking on water then manually close the valve. I have been told that all I need to do is install a sewage ejector pump, and pump any sewage that backs up into my basement out my front yard. Is this a proper use for a sewage pump? If so, how do I know what size pump to purchase? This seems like an easy enough job to perform myself (almost too easy), however to be on the safe side can anyone supply me with instructions on doing this? Thank you. Bob

Participant

It is easy enough to do it the way you describe, IF you want raw sewage in the yard. If would probably make for a very green lawn, but the smell ight be less than desirable. You need two things, a company in Chicago used to assemble them into a single, very effective unit. You need a check valve in the line to prevent the sewer from backing into the house line automatically, and then, since you will want to use the house facilities and check vlves are never totally effective, you need an ejector pump connected to the sewer system so that it will only operate when the sewer is full, and the pumped outlet must be connected back to the sewer at a point past the check valve.: I live in a home that is approximatley 50 years old. Whenever ther is a large ammount of rain, the sewage system backs up into my basement. The previous owner installed a sewage shut off valve. This is somewhat nice, except you must be home and know when you basement is taking on water then manually close the valve. I have been told that all I need to do is install a sewage ejector pump, and pump any sewage that backs up into my basement out my front yard. Is this a proper use for a sewage pump? If so, how do I know what size pump to purchase? This seems like an easy enough job to perform myself (almost too easy), however to be on the safe side can anyone supply me with instructions on doing this? Thank you. : Bob

Participant

It is easy enough to do it the way you describe, IF you want raw sewage in the yard. If would probably make for a very green lawn, but the smell ight be less than desirable. You need two things, a company in Chicago used to assemble them into a single, very effective unit. You need a check valve in the line to prevent the sewer from backing into the house line automatically, and then, since you will want to use the house facilities and check vlves are never totally effective, you need an ejector pump connected to the sewer system so that it will only operate when the sewer is full, and the pumped outlet must be connected back to the sewer at a point past the check valve.: I live in a home that is approximatley 50 years old. Whenever ther is a large ammount of rain, the sewage system backs up into my basement. The previous owner installed a sewage shut off valve. This is somewhat nice, except you must be home and know when you basement is taking on water then manually close the valve. I have been told that all I need to do is install a sewage ejector pump, and pump any sewage that backs up into my basement out my front yard. Is this a proper use for a sewage pump? If so, how do I know what size pump to purchase? This seems like an easy enough job to perform myself (almost too easy), however to be on the safe side can anyone supply me with instructions on doing this? Thank you. : Bob

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This