Add-on fins for basement pipes

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Add-on fins for basement pipes

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Where can I buy fins that I can attach to the hot water heat pipes in my basement. Am trying to warm up the area.

Participant

You cannot just add fins. They have to be attached to the pipe when manufactured to get the necessary bond to ensure heat transfer. And fins by themselves do not heat the same as fins in an convection enclosure. Also, if these are the domestic water pipes, any heat that is tapped for the basement will come at the expense of cooler water at the faucets.: Where can I buy fins that I can attach to the hot water heat pipes in my basement. Am trying to warm up the area.

Participant

You cannot just add fins. They have to be attached to the pipe when manufactured to get the necessary bond to ensure heat transfer. And fins by themselves do not heat the same as fins in an convection enclosure. Also, if these are the domestic water pipes, any heat that is tapped for the basement will come at the expense of cooler water at the faucets.: Where can I buy fins that I can attach to the hot water heat pipes in my basement. Am trying to warm up the area.

Participant

: You cannot just add fins. They have to be attached to the pipe when manufactured to get the necessary bond to ensure heat transfer. And fins by themselves do not heat the same as fins in an convection enclosure. Also, if these are the domestic water pipes, any heat that is tapped for the basement will come at the expense of cooler water at the faucets.: : Where can I buy fins that I can attach to the hot water heat pipes in my basement. Am trying to warm up the area.

Participant

: You cannot just add fins. They have to be attached to the pipe when manufactured to get the necessary bond to ensure heat transfer. And fins by themselves do not heat the same as fins in an convection enclosure. Also, if these are the domestic water pipes, any heat that is tapped for the basement will come at the expense of cooler water at the faucets.: : Where can I buy fins that I can attach to the hot water heat pipes in my basement. Am trying to warm up the area.

Participant

sir, i am doing a project in the design of a economiser so in regard to that i have to add fins for increased heat transfer and so what method should i employ for welding the fins.

Participant

sir, i am doing a project in the design of a economiser so in regard to that i have to add fins for increased heat transfer and so what method should i employ for welding the fins.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This