changing baseboard

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing changing baseboard

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keymaster

I was told when buying my home to change the baseboard that new ones I could run 3 for one of what I have…I checked out Eagle, Lowe’s excuse me, the range on King is 750-1000 watts, mine says 1000 watts so what am I saving by changing to new ones or should I be looking at a different kind??

Participant

To keep costs of installation low, many builders use a high wattage-per-foot electric baseboard heater. This way they use less total feet of element to do the job, at a lower cost. Unfortunately, the elements in this type of unit become very hot. I have witnessed the results of a plastic fiber pillow melting on such a heater.

A lower heat density per linear foot has some advantages: The baseboard length increases, placing heat under more of the outside wall giving a warmer feeling. The lower electric use per foot makes a cooler element for more safety. Electric heat is 100% efficient, so there will be no difference in operating costs between a high-output and low-output per foot heating unit.

While you are in the process of exploring alternative electric heat methods, look at the products at: http://www.electricheat.com/radiant/prods.html
          You will find other very comfortable, attractive and modern methods of electric heating.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This