Bathtub waste vent

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Bathtub waste vent

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Im moving my tub 8 away from its present stack/vent with only a 9 1/4 joist space to run the drain line. To vent this should I wye in just beyond the trap and run another parallel line above the drain line over to the vent stack? Using 1 1/2 waste line, does the vent line also have to be 1 1/2 or will 1 suffice?

Participant

: Im moving my tub 8 away from its present stack/vent with only a 9 1/4 joist space to run the drain line. To vent this should I wye in just beyond the trap and run another parallel line above the drain line over to the vent stack? Using 1 1/2 waste line, does the vent line also have to be 1 1/2 or will 1 suffice?Your vent only has to be within 5ft of the p-trap and can connect anywhere above the horizontal plan on the drain piping itself. Any vent size is better than non at all but a 11/2 would be best suited.

Participant

: Im moving my tub 8 away from its present stack/vent with only a 9 1/4 joist space to run the drain line. To vent this should I wye in just beyond the trap and run another parallel line above the drain line over to the vent stack? Using 1 1/2 waste line, does the vent line also have to be 1 1/2 or will 1 suffice?Your vent only has to be within 5ft of the p-trap and can connect anywhere above the horizontal plan on the drain piping itself. Any vent size is better than non at all but a 11/2 would be best suited.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This