lead wiping supplies

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives lead wiping supplies

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 22 years ago by Lloyd.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      joseph kuldin

Does anyone know where i can find lead wiping supplies for the Journeyman test?

Lloyd

: Does anyone know where i can find lead wiping supplies for the Journeyman test?Gday LloydIts been a long time since I have done any lead wiping but when I did I remember going to a draper shop and buying some Moleskin cloth about 4 wide by about 2.5 feet long and some tallow I melted the tallow over some heat and soaked the moleskin cloth until saturated and so made a wiping cloth.Other tools rquired were a shave hook to clean the lead and of course you will need some wiping metal 70% lead 30% tin same as used by panel beaters to fill auto bodies ………. hope this is a help ….. good luck.

Lloyd

: Does anyone know where i can find lead wiping supplies for the Journeyman test?Gday LloydIts been a long time since I have done any lead wiping but when I did I remember going to a draper shop and buying some Moleskin cloth about 4 wide by about 2.5 feet long and some tallow I melted the tallow over some heat and soaked the moleskin cloth until saturated and so made a wiping cloth.Other tools rquired were a shave hook to clean the lead and of course you will need some wiping metal 70% lead 30% tin same as used by panel beaters to fill auto bodies ………. hope this is a help ….. good luck.

Lloyd

: : Does anyone know where i can find lead wiping supplies for the Journeyman test?: Gday Lloyd: Its been a long time since I have done any lead wiping but when I did I remember going to a draper shop and buying some Moleskin cloth about 4 wide by about 2.5 feet long and some tallow I melted the tallow over some heat and soaked the moleskin cloth until saturated and so made a wiping cloth.: Other tools rquired were a shave hook to clean the lead and of course you will need some wiping metal 70% lead 30% tin same as used by panel beaters to fill auto bodies ………. hope this is a help ….. good luck.Lloyd, You can get everything you need at B.S. Barnard in N.Y. City Telephone 631-499-0883. I work for G&W Electric Co. and we manufacture terminations and splices for lead cable from 5-161kV. If you need any more info call me at 330-723-4973 or visit our web site at http://www.gwelec.com

Lloyd

: : Does anyone know where i can find lead wiping supplies for the Journeyman test?: Gday Lloyd: Its been a long time since I have done any lead wiping but when I did I remember going to a draper shop and buying some Moleskin cloth about 4 wide by about 2.5 feet long and some tallow I melted the tallow over some heat and soaked the moleskin cloth until saturated and so made a wiping cloth.: Other tools rquired were a shave hook to clean the lead and of course you will need some wiping metal 70% lead 30% tin same as used by panel beaters to fill auto bodies ………. hope this is a help ….. good luck.Lloyd, You can get everything you need at B.S. Barnard in N.Y. City Telephone 631-499-0883. I work for G&W Electric Co. and we manufacture terminations and splices for lead cable from 5-161kV. If you need any more info call me at 330-723-4973 or visit our web site at http://www.gwelec.com

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This