Americast Tub

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Americast Tub

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author

I am thinking about purchasing an Americast tub from American Standard because it weighs less and holds heat better than cast iron. But I am concerned about the durability of the finish. Does anyone know how well these tubs hold up, especially to chipping and scratching?

Participant

: I am thinking about purchasing an Americast tub from American Standard because it weighs less and holds heat better than cast iron. But I am concerned about the durability of the finish. Does anyone know how well these tubs hold up, especially to chipping and scratching?Americast is a good durable product that will hold up in most applications as long as you dont shit init.

Participant

: I am thinking about purchasing an Americast tub from American Standard because it weighs less and holds heat better than cast iron. But I am concerned about the durability of the finish. Does anyone know how well these tubs hold up, especially to chipping and scratching?Americast is a good durable product that will hold up in most applications as long as you dont shit init.

Participant

I am looking to buy a tub,which is a soaking tub, deeper and using less water. Americast Greek tub seems to do this, but I am concerned about the solvents in the acrylic and Durabond and backing material. The whirlpools make an incredible chemeical stink when the air from under the tub bubbles through the water. I like the fact that Americast is light and holds less water, and is not so cold as cast iron

Participant

I am looking to buy a tub,which is a soaking tub, deeper and using less water. Americast Greek tub seems to do this, but I am concerned about the solvents in the acrylic and Durabond and backing material. The whirlpools make an incredible chemeical stink when the air from under the tub bubbles through the water. I like the fact that Americast is light and holds less water, and is not so cold as cast iron

Participant

: : I am thinking about purchasing an Americast tub from American Standard because it weighs less and holds heat better than cast iron. But I am concerned about the durability of the finish. Does anyone know how well these tubs hold up, especially to chipping and scratching?: Americast is a good durable product that will hold up in most applications as long as you dont shit init.

Participant

: : I am thinking about purchasing an Americast tub from American Standard because it weighs less and holds heat better than cast iron. But I am concerned about the durability of the finish. Does anyone know how well these tubs hold up, especially to chipping and scratching?: Americast is a good durable product that will hold up in most applications as long as you dont shit init.

Participant

I FIND THAT AMERICAST TUBS ARE AN EXCELLENT PRODUCT. I HAVE INSTALLED 2 OF THEM IN MY PERSONAL HOME. THEY WITH STAND A GREAT DEAL OF WEIGHT, ABUSE BY CHILDREN AND MY FAVORITE AMERICAST TUB IS THE CAMBRIDGE. IT IS DEEP AND A NICE COMFORTABLE SOAKING TUB. ONE DRAW BACK IS IT ONLY COMES IN 5FT. I PREFER THE 5.5FT BUT IT IS WIDER THAN THE USUAL TUB BY 4

Participant

I FIND THAT AMERICAST TUBS ARE AN EXCELLENT PRODUCT. I HAVE INSTALLED 2 OF THEM IN MY PERSONAL HOME. THEY WITH STAND A GREAT DEAL OF WEIGHT, ABUSE BY CHILDREN AND MY FAVORITE AMERICAST TUB IS THE CAMBRIDGE. IT IS DEEP AND A NICE COMFORTABLE SOAKING TUB. ONE DRAW BACK IS IT ONLY COMES IN 5FT. I PREFER THE 5.5FT BUT IT IS WIDER THAN THE USUAL TUB BY 4

Participant

I would STRONLY recommend AGAINST this tub for exactly this reason. We had an Americast tub only two days before it had a two inch gouge through the finish to a black under coating. We will be pulling it out despite havingto retile and putting in something made of more durable quality.DONT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!: I am thinking about purchasing an Americast tub from American Standard because it weighs less and holds heat better than cast iron. But I am concerned about the durability of the finish. Does anyone know how well these tubs hold up, especially to chipping and scratching?

Participant

I would STRONLY recommend AGAINST this tub for exactly this reason. We had an Americast tub only two days before it had a two inch gouge through the finish to a black under coating. We will be pulling it out despite havingto retile and putting in something made of more durable quality.DONT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!: I am thinking about purchasing an Americast tub from American Standard because it weighs less and holds heat better than cast iron. But I am concerned about the durability of the finish. Does anyone know how well these tubs hold up, especially to chipping and scratching?

Participant

: : : I am thinking about purchasing an Americast tub from American Standard because it weighs less and holds heat better than cast iron. But I am concerned about the durability of the finish. Does anyone know how well these tubs hold up, especially to chipping and scratching?The Americast products are good but you MUST follow the manufacturer direction for care. I found that cleaning them with ordinary laundry soap like Tide or Cherr does and excellent job and will not scratch. Never use scouring powder Comet/Ajax. My tub and kitchen sink are over a year old and look brand new. If you have a kitchen sink made from Americast just dont throw silverware into sink from halfway across your kitchen and your sink will stay new looking too. I am going to build a new hous and have specified Americast.

Participant

: : : I am thinking about purchasing an Americast tub from American Standard because it weighs less and holds heat better than cast iron. But I am concerned about the durability of the finish. Does anyone know how well these tubs hold up, especially to chipping and scratching?The Americast products are good but you MUST follow the manufacturer direction for care. I found that cleaning them with ordinary laundry soap like Tide or Cherr does and excellent job and will not scratch. Never use scouring powder Comet/Ajax. My tub and kitchen sink are over a year old and look brand new. If you have a kitchen sink made from Americast just dont throw silverware into sink from halfway across your kitchen and your sink will stay new looking too. I am going to build a new hous and have specified Americast.

Participant

I have always used porcelain on cast iron for my kitchen sinks, either from Kohler or American Standard. I am looking at an Americast sink. I read the brocheur & it is the greatest. I read some of the posted comments, and several say its the worst.Can anyone out there really tell me their experience with this product & whether American Standard backed up any problems, if you reported them.Thanks

Participant

I have always used porcelain on cast iron for my kitchen sinks, either from Kohler or American Standard. I am looking at an Americast sink. I read the brocheur & it is the greatest. I read some of the posted comments, and several say its the worst.Can anyone out there really tell me their experience with this product & whether American Standard backed up any problems, if you reported them.Thanks

Participant

: I have always used porcelain on cast iron for my kitchen sinks, either from Kohler or American Standard. I am looking at an Americast sink. I read the brocheur & it is the greatest. I read some of the posted comments, and several say its the worst.: Can anyone out there really tell me their experience with this product & whether American Standard backed up any problems, if you reported them.: Thanks

Participant

: I have always used porcelain on cast iron for my kitchen sinks, either from Kohler or American Standard. I am looking at an Americast sink. I read the brocheur & it is the greatest. I read some of the posted comments, and several say its the worst.: Can anyone out there really tell me their experience with this product & whether American Standard backed up any problems, if you reported them.: Thanks

Participant

I installed an Americast sink in my new home in March of 1999. I do not cook a lot but the sink already shows lots of scratches. I have not yet contacted American Standard but plan to do so.

Participant

I installed an Americast sink in my new home in March of 1999. I do not cook a lot but the sink already shows lots of scratches. I have not yet contacted American Standard but plan to do so.

Participant

I had aa Americast double deep kitchen sink in October 1999 and the finish is not only scratches but chips easily. It seems Americast looks good until its put to use. : I installed an Americast sink in my new home in March of 1999. I do not cook a lot but the sink already shows lots of scratches. I have not yet contacted American Standard but plan to do so.

Participant

I had aa Americast double deep kitchen sink in October 1999 and the finish is not only scratches but chips easily. It seems Americast looks good until its put to use. : I installed an Americast sink in my new home in March of 1999. I do not cook a lot but the sink already shows lots of scratches. I have not yet contacted American Standard but plan to do so.

Participant

:I had an Americast double-bowl bone colored sink installed in my kitchen 1 year ago Christmas Eve.(long story) The next day it scratched and this morning I was washing a pyrex measuring cup by hand and it slipped out of my hand and hit the center piece and chipped it to the black base. I have called 800-223-0068 and was told all agents were busy with other customers. Leave my phone number and they will call me back. Its been an hour and I havent heard anything. I bought the sink from Home Depot and Im going to see if I can buy a repair kit and fix it myself if I dont hear from them soon. This is the one time I didnt put the rubber mat over the web. I usually only do it when I wash pots and pans. If I had it to do over, I wouldnt buy another one. Theyre too touchy and I cook a lot.

Participant

:I had an Americast double-bowl bone colored sink installed in my kitchen 1 year ago Christmas Eve.(long story) The next day it scratched and this morning I was washing a pyrex measuring cup by hand and it slipped out of my hand and hit the center piece and chipped it to the black base. I have called 800-223-0068 and was told all agents were busy with other customers. Leave my phone number and they will call me back. Its been an hour and I havent heard anything. I bought the sink from Home Depot and Im going to see if I can buy a repair kit and fix it myself if I dont hear from them soon. This is the one time I didnt put the rubber mat over the web. I usually only do it when I wash pots and pans. If I had it to do over, I wouldnt buy another one. Theyre too touchy and I cook a lot.

Viewing 22 reply threads
                                                • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This