water heater

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing water heater

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Hot water comes out of pressure relief valve. I’ve already replaced old valve thinking that was the problem. Reliance water heater is 8 yrs old and my next step is to change the pilot generator. Sometimes the burners turn off automatically and sometimes not. Some advice is needed here.

Participant

If the burner is firing AFTER the setpoint temperature is reached then turn off the fuel supply immediately and have a licensed professional check it for you!
          Has there been any recent alteration done to the water supply piping? ie: water meter, check valve installed? Is there any reason for your incoming water supply to be greater than usual?
          If the problem is a failed thermostat then have it rectified IMMEDIATELY!

Participant

Thanks for the advice Mike M. What part of the water heater is the thermostat located in? Do I need to take that part to my local plumbing store to have it replaced? At the present time I’m using the manuel shut-off when I accumulate sufficient hot water.

Participant

For recreation what do you do? Light the fuse on a stick of TNT and see how close it gets to the blasting cap before you put it out? Save your life and possibly your neighbor’s, call a professional.

Participant

I got your reply, Art. Thanks to you and M. Murray for your time to answer my request. I don’t consider myself to be a fool so I’m taking to heart what both of you are telling me. May God bless you both for your wise counsel.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This