H2S

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Can someone please tell me where I can get information relating to H2S and ones health due to exposure over long periods of time.

Participant

Gayle, there are no exposure problems from H2S other than dealing with the smell. It is a corrosive gas and will attack copper pipes and any silver (knives and forks – tarnish easily)and may cause black discoloration. It is easily fixed with water treatment, see a local water treatment dealer in your area in the Yellow Pages under Water Conditioning. Roger

Participant

Gayle, there are no exposure problems from H2S other than dealing with the smell. It is a corrosive gas and will attack copper pipes and any silver (knives and forks – tarnish easily)and may cause black discoloration. It is easily fixed with water treatment, see a local water treatment dealer in your area in the Yellow Pages under Water Conditioning. Roger

Participant

: Can someone please tell me where I can get information relating to H2S and ones health due to exposure over long periods of time.I have recently completed my MSc dissertation The monitoring and modelling of H2S emissions from motor vehicles in and around Oxford city centre (due to the threat of this gas to health in cities from cars)this entailed diffusion tube monitoring of H2S at roadside sites around the city. This was following the obsevations and claims by K Kilburn (American) reporting that long term, low level exposure th H2S is detremental to human nurofunctions. Some useful starting points may be; Kilburn & Warshaw 1995 Hydrogen Sulfide and reduced sulfur gases adversly affect neurophysical functions. Toxicology and Industrial Health. Vol 11, 2, 185-197. Kilburn 1997 Exposure to reduced sulfur gas impares neurobehavioral function. Southern Medical Journal. Vol num 10 997-1007. There is a debate rising as to the amount of harm H2S may cause to humans at ppt long term exposure. I hope this helps.

Participant

: Can someone please tell me where I can get information relating to H2S and ones health due to exposure over long periods of time.I have recently completed my MSc dissertation The monitoring and modelling of H2S emissions from motor vehicles in and around Oxford city centre (due to the threat of this gas to health in cities from cars)this entailed diffusion tube monitoring of H2S at roadside sites around the city. This was following the obsevations and claims by K Kilburn (American) reporting that long term, low level exposure th H2S is detremental to human nurofunctions. Some useful starting points may be; Kilburn & Warshaw 1995 Hydrogen Sulfide and reduced sulfur gases adversly affect neurophysical functions. Toxicology and Industrial Health. Vol 11, 2, 185-197. Kilburn 1997 Exposure to reduced sulfur gas impares neurobehavioral function. Southern Medical Journal. Vol num 10 997-1007. There is a debate rising as to the amount of harm H2S may cause to humans at ppt long term exposure. I hope this helps.

Participant

: Can someone please tell me where I can get information relating to H2S and ones health due to exposure over long periods of time.

Participant

: Can someone please tell me where I can get information relating to H2S and ones health due to exposure over long periods of time.

Participant

Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This