short term hot water pressure

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives short term hot water pressure

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

When I turn on any faucet in the house for hot water, I get short term hot water (approx 30 seconds)at regular pressure, then no pressure – no water. The cold water always works. I have an electric water heater.

: When I turn on any faucet in the house for hot water, I get short term hot water (approx 30 seconds)at regular pressure, then no pressure – no water. The cold water always works. I have an electric water heater.since this is a universal problem, check at the hot water heater for any valves. make sure they are open all the way. sometimes valves get put in backwards and the washer will come off, cutting off flow.

: When I turn on any faucet in the house for hot water, I get short term hot water (approx 30 seconds)at regular pressure, then no pressure – no water. The cold water always works. I have an electric water heater.since this is a universal problem, check at the hot water heater for any valves. make sure they are open all the way. sometimes valves get put in backwards and the washer will come off, cutting off flow.

: : When I turn on any faucet in the house for hot water, I get short term hot water (approx 30 seconds)at regular pressure, then no pressure – no water. The cold water always works. I have an electric water heater.: since this is a universal problem, : check at the hot water heater for any valves. : make sure they are open all the way. sometimes : valves get put in backwards and the washer will : come off, cutting off flow.: sounds to me as though you have a volume problem rather then a pressure problem.If you get plety of volume at first and then it drops off it is usually volume.It would be caused by a restriction somewhere..possibly galvanized piping that has aged and collected large amounts of rust would be one example.

: : When I turn on any faucet in the house for hot water, I get short term hot water (approx 30 seconds)at regular pressure, then no pressure – no water. The cold water always works. I have an electric water heater.: since this is a universal problem, : check at the hot water heater for any valves. : make sure they are open all the way. sometimes : valves get put in backwards and the washer will : come off, cutting off flow.: sounds to me as though you have a volume problem rather then a pressure problem.If you get plety of volume at first and then it drops off it is usually volume.It would be caused by a restriction somewhere..possibly galvanized piping that has aged and collected large amounts of rust would be one example.

: : : When I turn on any faucet in the house for hot water, I get short term hot water (approx 30 seconds)at regular pressure, then no pressure – no water. The cold water always works. I have an electric water heater.: : since this is a universal problem, : : check at the hot water heater for any valves. : : make sure they are open all the way. sometimes : : valves get put in backwards and the washer will : : come off, cutting off flow.: : sounds to me as though you have a volume problem rather then a pressure problem.If you get plety of volume at first and then it drops off it is usually volume.It would be caused by a restriction somewhere..possibly galvanized piping that has aged and collected large amounts of rust would be one example.:: also if any of the valve on the hot water system have rubber seals they can expand and shut off supply completely , usually this happens older type valve which have never had the rings replaced. For a very small cost this is a great place to start and can be a quick fix.

: : : When I turn on any faucet in the house for hot water, I get short term hot water (approx 30 seconds)at regular pressure, then no pressure – no water. The cold water always works. I have an electric water heater.: : since this is a universal problem, : : check at the hot water heater for any valves. : : make sure they are open all the way. sometimes : : valves get put in backwards and the washer will : : come off, cutting off flow.: : sounds to me as though you have a volume problem rather then a pressure problem.If you get plety of volume at first and then it drops off it is usually volume.It would be caused by a restriction somewhere..possibly galvanized piping that has aged and collected large amounts of rust would be one example.:: also if any of the valve on the hot water system have rubber seals they can expand and shut off supply completely , usually this happens older type valve which have never had the rings replaced. For a very small cost this is a great place to start and can be a quick fix.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This