recirculating pump replacement

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives recirculating pump replacement

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have a gas fired boiler with 2 zones. I need to replace the bearing assembly on one of the pumps. The motor is OK. What do I need to do with regard to the boiler? Do I need to drain the boiler? Do I need to bleed both zones? If so, how is bleeding done? I have baseboard heating. Thanks in advance

Participant

: I have a gas fired boiler with 2 zones. : I need to replace the bearing assembly : on one of the pumps. The motor is OK. : What do I need to do with regard to the : boiler? Do I need to drain the boiler? : Do I need to bleed both zones? If so, : how is bleeding done? I have baseboard : heating. : Thanks in advanceAre there no isolating valves on your return and feed from the boiler so you can shut them off and isolate the piping where the pump is located? If not you can close your zone valve but most zone valves on return piping or feed do not close 100% you may find it easier to close the zones then drain the system this will retain some water in the system but you will have to bleed all the radiator still.How to bleed most systems cast or copper radiator have a small valve on one side of the radiator this should be opened slowly letting all the air out the closed snug. There air many types of bleed vent most common are wooden wheel type which you should only need your fingers for other types are flat screw driver or metal wheel.shutting down a boiler. first turn main power supply of (not just the themostat) close all valves water supply feed returns and exspansion tank, attached hose the drain fitting and open .Good luck

Participant

: I have a gas fired boiler with 2 zones. : I need to replace the bearing assembly : on one of the pumps. The motor is OK. : What do I need to do with regard to the : boiler? Do I need to drain the boiler? : Do I need to bleed both zones? If so, : how is bleeding done? I have baseboard : heating. : Thanks in advanceAre there no isolating valves on your return and feed from the boiler so you can shut them off and isolate the piping where the pump is located? If not you can close your zone valve but most zone valves on return piping or feed do not close 100% you may find it easier to close the zones then drain the system this will retain some water in the system but you will have to bleed all the radiator still.How to bleed most systems cast or copper radiator have a small valve on one side of the radiator this should be opened slowly letting all the air out the closed snug. There air many types of bleed vent most common are wooden wheel type which you should only need your fingers for other types are flat screw driver or metal wheel.shutting down a boiler. first turn main power supply of (not just the themostat) close all valves water supply feed returns and exspansion tank, attached hose the drain fitting and open .Good luck

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This