How do I join Lead & Copper pipe ????

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives How do I join Lead & Copper pipe ????

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Can anyone please help me with the method used in repairing a leaking lead/copper pipe join.

Participant

Kevin:–You could have an experienced old time plumber wipe a lead joint (not likely). Or if this is not a pressure connection, you can get the appropriate fernco type rubber couplings and join the two…Lots of luck..Bud.Can anyone please help me with the method used in repairing : a leaking lead/copper pipe join.

Participant

Kevin:–You could have an experienced old time plumber wipe a lead joint (not likely). Or if this is not a pressure connection, you can get the appropriate fernco type rubber couplings and join the two…Lots of luck..Bud.Can anyone please help me with the method used in repairing : a leaking lead/copper pipe join.

Participant

: Can anyone please help me with the method used in repairing : a leaking lead/copper pipe join.Do you mean on a 1/2 or 3/4 water supply pipe ??If so you need to clean the joint , and use prefluxed soft solder, the same as an electrician uses. Turn the water off, us a blow torch to heat the pipe and feed in the solder, if it is cleaned and hot enough (not to hot) the solder will be drawn back into the jointDISCLAIMERAll advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed plumber with my own business in Brisbane Australia

Participant

: Can anyone please help me with the method used in repairing : a leaking lead/copper pipe join.Do you mean on a 1/2 or 3/4 water supply pipe ??If so you need to clean the joint , and use prefluxed soft solder, the same as an electrician uses. Turn the water off, us a blow torch to heat the pipe and feed in the solder, if it is cleaned and hot enough (not to hot) the solder will be drawn back into the jointDISCLAIMERAll advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed plumber with my own business in Brisbane Australia

Participant

: Kevin:–You could have an experienced old time plumber wipe a lead joint (not likely). Or if this is not a pressure connection, you can get the appropriate fernco type rubber couplings and join the two…Lots of luck..Bud.: : Can anyone please help me with the method used in repairing : : a leaking lead/copper pipe join.

Participant

: Kevin:–You could have an experienced old time plumber wipe a lead joint (not likely). Or if this is not a pressure connection, you can get the appropriate fernco type rubber couplings and join the two…Lots of luck..Bud.: : Can anyone please help me with the method used in repairing : : a leaking lead/copper pipe join.

Participant

please be advised that lead pipe is not suitable or approved for use on potable water.

Participant

please be advised that lead pipe is not suitable or approved for use on potable water.

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This